§ 1. Description of services
- BFH Career Services provides the platform BFH Studentjobs for students and alumni of BFH to use. Students and alumni of BFH can use the platform free of charge.
- Job adverts and company profiles can be viewed on the job platform BFH Studentjobs. In addition, personal profiles and CVs can be composed and job newsletters requested in the password-protected area.
- Students must be registered at Bern University of Applied Sciences and alumni must have an edu-ID in order to use the private area of the CV database.
§ 2. Creation of a profile and use
- In order to register or create a profile on BFH Studentjobs, users will be prompted to register with their SWITCH edu-ID.
- Personal information can be collected when a profile is created. A user’s personal data shall only be used for the purposes of providing the services of BFH Studentjobs and shall not be shared with third parties. Users can edit their personal information in their accounts at any time.
- Users are responsible for keeping their accounts confidential, especially their usernames and passwords.
- The job platform BFH Studentjobs may only be used for lawful purposes and for its intended purpose. In particular, offensive content and competition are not permitted. The user may not permit third parties to use their profile.
- By creating an account on BFH Studentjobs, the user confirms that the information they have provided is accurate.
- BFH Career Services reserves the right to delete information or profiles that conflict with the purpose of the job platform BFH Studentjobs or are immoral or unethical.
- Users agree that all important messages concerning use of the job portal BFH Studentjobs will be sent by email unless the law stipulates a different format.
- Users can delete their profiles at any time.
§ 3. Data processing
- BFH Career Services adheres to the relevant data protection legislation and shall treat personal data obtained as part of the conclusion and execution of the contractual relationship as confidential.
- The user acknowledges that, by the very design of BFH Studentjobs, published profiles can be viewed by registered employers and, by creating a profile, consents to this disclosure of their personal data. Other settings which (partially) prevent disclosure must be implemented by users themselves.
- BFH Career Services is authorised to process data with which it has been entrusted or have the data processed by third parties. In particular, BFH Career Services is authorised to process users’ data for the purposes of analyses or marketing measures and publish the data in an anonymised form. BFH Career Services can engage third parties to process data in accordance with the statutory provisions.
§ 4. Disclaimer
- The services of BFH Career Services are generally available around the clock, 365 days a year.
- However, BFH Career Services does not guarantee that the platform will never malfunction temporarily or become unavailable. Likewise, BFH Career Services accepts no responsibility for data losses resulting from outages, faults or improper use of the job platform BFH Studentjobs.
- BFH Career Services cannot be held liable for the content or the accuracy of data published on the website by employers, other users, students or alumni.
§ 5. Severability clause
§ 6. Applicable law
- The parties shall endeavour to resolve any disputes arising from the use of the job platform BFH Studentjobs.
- Swiss law applies. The place of jurisdiction is Bern, Switzerland.